Tradition of rally emotions
Żubry is one of the oldest automotive events in Poland; the tradition dates back to November 1966, when it was founded by Sobieslaw Zasada, in the season when he won the first of his three European Championships. Mr Zasada was for many years the marshal of the event, and is now a regular participant.
This year’s edition takes place in Zakopane, over a 290-km course, and will include both timed stages and tests of skill. The finale will be held in the Kasprowy Hotel in Zakopane and the prizes will be awarded during the traditional Żubry Ball.
Sobieslaw Zasada is one of the most successful Polish rally drivers. The list of his achievements includes:
- Triple European Rally Champion (1966, 1967, 1971)
- Triple European Rally Runner-Up (1968, 1969, 1972)
- 11 times Polish rally Champion
- Winner of 151 rallies
- Factory Driver Steyr Puch (3 years), Porsche (5 years), BMW (2 years), Mercedes-Benz (3 years)
- Author of Legendary Books, on driving techniques – published in 9 languages